Women are faced with hundreds of choices every day, some easy and some that require more careful analysis. Unfortunately, we often get bogged down in those tougher decisions and let them stall us out while we worry about the consequences of our yes or our no. Frequently, we say yes because we want to please others and regret it later, when our calendars become too full to do the things we really want to do.
If you stress over making decisions, ask yourself these questions for an easier answer.
- Does this support my life’s purpose, business mission and goals? If you are clear on your life’s purpose, which translates into the mission for your business, and set your goals accordingly, then every decision should be easier. If a choice does not fit within your strategic plan, then just say no!
- Does saying yes align with my values and priorities, or someone else’s? Stay true to your core beliefs, no matter what. If saying yes would mean compromising trust or integrity, or putting your career before your faith or family, it should be an easy no.
- What are the costs and benefits of saying yes? Will saying yes help me achieve my goals? Will I be using my unique gifts to serve the people I truly want to serve? Or will this be a distraction, costing me valuable time and energy?
- What advice would I give my best friend if she had the same decision to make? It is often much easier to give advice than to take it, so picture yourself walking with your BFF through the same choice. What would you tell her?
- Does saying yes feel right? Just follow your heart. There is great wisdom in your intuition!
If you are not clear about your life’s purpose or business mission, let’s talk! Your “why” is the foundation for your success, and serves as the GPS as you create a road map for your future. I offer complimentary 30-minute Clarity Sessions, when I help you uncover your unique life purpose, making your decision process much easier. Click here to apply for your complimentary session today.